- 300g of small fresh (or frozen) peas
- 1 250g soft goat's cheese
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch of chives
- Nutmeg, a pinch of Espelette chilli
- Salt, ground pepper
- Blanch the peas in salted water for 5 minutes. Set aside the cooking water and cool the peas under ice-cold water straight away to keep them nice and green.
- Add the peas and a little of their cooking water to a blender. Mix them with a pinch or two of salt, one grind of pepper and the juice of half a lemon.
- Pass the blend through a sieve to remove the pea skins.
- In a bowl, use a fork to mix the cheese, the drained and smashed sardines, a pinch of nutmeg, a few grinds of pepper, the Espelette chilli, the juice of half a lemon and the chopped chives.
- To serve, place the cold pea coulis in the washed sardine can (or a similar-sized container) then use two tablespoons to form a quenelle shape from the sardine mix. Place this on the coulis in the middle of the dish.