- 2 boîtes de Sardines Généreuses, à l’huile d’olive vierge extra
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 1 150g soft goat's cheese
- 1 small jar of pesto
- Salt,ground pepper
- Slit the bottom of the tomatoes and plunge them into boiling water for 15 seconds, then cool in iced water. This will help you remove their skin more easily.
- Set aside 4 nice basil leaves to garnish.
- Drain the sardines then smash them. In a bowl, mix the soft goat’s cheese, pepper and the chopped basil.
- Cut the tomatoes into 4 slices.
- Dress the dish as you would a millefeuille alternating a slice of tomato with a spoonful of the sardine mixture, starting from the base of the tomato up to the top.
- Top off with a basil leave.
- Add pesto to taste as a dressing on or around the tomato.